Reet Aus is a PhD-qualified fashion designer and environmental activist, a natural rebel who founded REET AUS COLLECTION® and THE UPSHIRT®. She is a pioneer in the field of industrial upcycling for fashion, and has developed the UPMADE® certification, in order to pass on her knowledge to brands and factories.
Reet’s guiding mission in life is to save the fashion industry from itself, and to show that there is a way of ending the throwaway culture that causes so much waste and destruction around the world. Reet is reducing the environmental footprint of the industry she loves. Change is possible - it starts with you.
Here are some of the awards Reet has won:
- Tallinn City Award, given for special services rendered to Tallinn, Estonia (2021)
- One of the Top 20 Responsible Leaders in Northern Europe, as chosen by the Nordic Business Report (2017)
- Estonian Order of the White Star, class V (2016)
- One of the Top 20 Women in Business, as chosen the Nordic Business Report (2015)
- Runner-up at I:COLLECT Award (2015)
- Runner-up at European Business Awards for the Environment (2014)
- Woman of the Year (Association of Business and Professional Women Estonia 2014)
- Notable Young Estonian (Junior Chamber International Estonia 2014)
- Environmentally Friendly Company (Ministry of the Environment 2013)
- Entrepreneur of the Year of the Civic Society (Network of Estonian Nonprofit Organisations 2013)